What is it?
It’s a superfood enriched mask meant to have the “in-house spa” experience.
- Lingonberry Fruit Extract an antioxidant. Helps reducing skin damage, lighten skin tone and provides hydration to the skin and improves elasticity.
- Kale Leaf Extract is packed full of vitamins such as vitamin A, B, C and K. Aside from that, it’s also a great antioxidant that helps collagen production, a skin detoxifier and fights free radicals.
- Chia Seed Oil source of omega-3 fatty acids and helps with dehydrated skin and decrease irritation.
- Matcha Leaf Powder another great antioxidant that helps fight free radicals, increase elastin production giving the skin a more toned, plump feel. Also has anti-acne & anti-inflammatory benefits that helps decrease skin irritation, rosacea and control sebum production. Its exfoliating properties help rejuvenate the skin by removing dead skin cells leaving the skin with a more toned and supple.
- Carrot Root Extract rich in Beta Carotene which is another excellent antioxidant. Greatly helps in minimizing UV light damage.
- Tomato Fruit Extract has Lycopene, another antioxidant rich ingredient. Fights free radicals and decongests skin.
- Soybean Oil rich in linoleic acid giving the skin the nourishing and moisturizing benefits. It also prevents wrinkles by slowing down the decrease of elastin.
Initially, I didn’t have a good experience with this. My eyes kept stinging whenever I put this on. In addition, I had one of the worst congested episode of my skin after using too many new products at the same time. I couldn’t make a credible observation because of those. I lied low for awhile to let my skin rest, I only incorporated it back to my routine last month with consistent use.
It comes out as a gel consistency which is pretty sticky or bouncy. When applied to the skin it turns white, for me it kind of looks like it’s foaming, but that’s just me. It also has a warm sensation which makes it incredibly relaxing and reminded me of the I’m From Ginseng Mask. I asked the brand about that and they mentioned it is meant to have the same feeling.
I wait for 5-10 minutes or when I’m doing a full on hair mask/body scrub moment in the shower I tend to have it longer or after using a salicylic cleanser I put this on just to prevent my skin from feeling dry while still in the shower. It also works great with double masking especially if you’re using a clay mask beforehand or using this masque before a resurfacing mask. It’s best when you apply it over dry skin since it works best, for me, with that method.
After rinsing it off, my skin feels so hydrated, smooth, plump and fresh. There’s no other way to describe it. If I don’t feel like doing all of those steps I described above, I usually just go in with an AHA toner. Everytime I’ve used it I’ve always noticed that it helps with product absorption so well! My toners sink in so quickly it makes my night time routine so easy.
TIP: it’s an incredible mid-day mask especially when you just got up from a hangover or a really hot day. Just slather this on while taking a bath and you’ll feel so refreshed afterwards.
I really love this masque. It’s so simple to use and doesn’t require that much thought process at all. When you feel like you’re too tired, this is the mask for you. I don’t considerd it as my holy grail yet since I’ve never tried a hydrating mask before. I’d give it 5/5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
This retails for $46 or ₱2,417. A bit of a splurge but considering the ingredients in it, it’s really worth it. You can can read up more of this product on their Rooki Beauty website.
Don’t forget to follow me on my Instagram @jzansnow